As a recovering stand-up comedian, as well as someone who is deeply dedicated to Depth Psychology, I wanted to begin a conversation about the use of humor in our common quest to benefit our planet's soul.

So much of the time, we have witnessed humor to be a display of nervousness, defensiveness, and/or avoidance. But I would like to open our minds to recognize those situation where we are exposed to, or activate a naturally humorous event. And, to take a gander at the possibility that this can actually be a benefit to others.

One of the things I have discovered as I have journeyed through an educational process with individuals traveling along the DP road, is that there is a healthy senses of humor partnered with our passions for tending to the soul of the world. We frequently, when touching upon alchemical processes, Hillmanian concepts, and encounters with our own Philemonian entities, break into hysterics.

But, this is not out of disrespect to our learning process or to the ideas themselves. These silly moments pop up in a way that is natural; like small children laughing uncontrollably because it just feels like the appropriate response at the moment.  

I find it hard to believe that all of us in our Pacifica cohort have the most succinct comic timing ever encountered in a group setting (although I suspect some will disagree with me). Rather, I suspect it is a reaction to the massive responsibility we all feel in our quest to bring light to a world filled with darkness. I think we are naturally embarking on another, less traveled path, into healing.  

What we do, ask, and listen to, as students and voices of Depth Psychology can carry a heavy burden. We all, everyone bold enough to join DPA and ask questions to promote soul-ing journeys, carry a level of intensity that screams for the healing that laughter brings. Because this work has a seriousness that is inherant in its nature, does that mean we cannot proceed without a wink and a smile?

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jill,

Great reminder.  I was having a phone conversation a few days ago with a fellow Depth enthusiast about the Red Book and didn't even notice how emphatically, energetically, and, yes, seriously I'm sure I was speaking until my 14 year old son called from the other room, "MOM, CALM DOWN!"  At that moment, I became aware of the intensity of my voice and the wild gesturing of my arms!  Come to think of it, I bet there are others in my life who might like me to introduce some levity into my Depth ravings! Know any good jokes I could sprinkle in?

• Tamara -- here's a few starters from <http://www.opusforfour.com/psy_fun.html&gt;

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes. 

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I often dream about being carried away by a giant squirrel. Does that make me a nut?

"Doctor, I'd like you to evaluate my 14 year-old son."

"Ok, he's suffering from a transient psychosis with an intermittent rage disorder, punctuated by episodic radical mood swings, but his prognosis is good for full recovery."

"How can you say all that without even meeting him?"

"I thought you said he's 13?"

Hope these help!

Pam

97超级碰碰碰碰久久久久_热热久久超碰精品中文字幕_久久人人97超碰香蕉
      97超级碰碰碰碰久久久久_热热久久超碰精品中文字幕_久久人人97超碰香蕉
      • Thanks!  My teen boys loved them. I'll keep them handy for next time I get too serious!  Cheers!
  • Wink and a smile - Hermes and Coyote at their best!!!

More later, just sharing a smile.

• Laughter's the best medicine ~
This reply was deleted.