Replies

• The next P&E Committee Meeting is Tuesday, Oct 13th at 1pm PDT. I sent y'all emails with Agenda & Zoom link, but posting it here, too:

Topic: The Alliance - Events & Programs Committee
    Time: Tuesday, Oct 13th, 2015 at 1pm PDT

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/623416480

Or join by phone:

+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 623 416 480
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=x9tOCuw2BGev0enYLCO1Ch09FHQ1lQ8k

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
    Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webin…
  • Donna--I just sent you these as an email as well (and copied Eva and James who should also be aware), but here are some exciting initiatives I want to make sure we all know about....

1) I’m working with three clinicians from Brazil who have just launched a new site (not exactly like the Alliance, but in the same vein) for Brazilians (www.arquetipica.com.br). I have been in talks with them for several months about how we can work together for our mutual benefit, and we landed on the idea of hosting a webinar focused on Cross-cultural perspectives in depth psychology (or psychoanalytical psychology, the term they prefer). Patricia Berry has agreed to do the webinar and so has a well-known Brazilian named Gustavo Barcellos who knows and is friends with Pat. We envision a one-time event in early December where Pat and Gustavo will present and/or debate cross-cultural differences between North American depth/analytical psychology and South American styles. (I would ultimately like to brand this as a webinar series under the Alliance —with possible co-sponsoring from Arquetipica if they really want to do it) to bring together events that include panels or discussions with clinicians and psychologists from other cultures (Think Asia vs. Europe, South America vs. Asia, Eastern Europe vs. North America, etc.). I think this could be a fantastic and unique series which would give the Alliance great visibility and respect in the field.

2) I have been talking to Kim Hermanson who is a PhD and Alliance member who offers teleseminars (primarily, so far, on the use of metaphor for transformation). Mark knows her, and I have been impressed with her offerings and have been talking to her for awhile now about her making regular offerings under the umbrella of the Alliance. She is very entrepreneurial and has her own registration and marketing already in place, AND hosts her own events (no “engineer" needed)—meaning we can put her in place to offer courses, experiential webinars, or DiscoverRings with almost no effort and give her a profit share of 80% of income from events she does under the Alliance name. She has also been very willing to offer feedback and serve as a sounding board on our suggested offerings, including Explore, Experience, and Pollinate. She is offering a webinar on October 27, is planning a DiscoverRing that will be experiential (though it may be postponed now due to the fact that today she shared with me a desire to offer a course for teachers/leaders that would potentially fall under our “Pollinate’ offering to help those who want to extend depth psychology in the world). I can say more, but I think she is the kind of person who will serve us well to put some programs in place quickly and test our theories about charging for different kinds of events, educational or otherwise. As we ramp up, we should create a “Faculty” page for regular presenters/contributors.

3) I think we should find an individual who can serve as a Programs Manager to interface with potential Faculty and Group leaders and help us set up the schedules, test Zoom with presenters, and host/facilitate the individual sessions. He or she could also be paid via a profit share based on successful registrations for events, and therefore may also be motivated to help us market and promote the events. I talked to Craig as the Board Chair about this today and we both believe his would free us (all) up to focus on more strategic initiatives (i.e. identifying potential presenters and assessing new and different programs). I have written up a job description and Craig is first going to pass it onto someone he knows. If that doesn’t work out, we will open it to the Alliance member community.

4) I wonder if the Programs and Events committee would consider evaluating the Book Club and the Dinner & Depth programs to see if its viable to continue them. I believe having unique and interesting branded programs that others are not necessarily offering online will help people perceive us as unique and will continue to offer us opportunities to connect with members in small online groups.

5) The Book Club is in motion. If any of you are able to join in (even if you don’t have the book) to support the program, please do. There’s a graphic on the right side of the home page that takes you straight there.

Thanks. If you have any questions in advance on any of these, please feel free!

Arquetípica
  • Next Programs & Events Committee Meeting is Tuesday, October 13th at 1pm PDT. Please contact me with any agenda items you have...Thank you!

• I mentioned this in an email to the committee but wanted to post it here for centralized discussion.

I think it would be important for this P&E Committee at some point very soon to identify if we can sustain and collectively execute at least 1-2 other ongoing events that help define the Alliance—like the Book Club, or Dinner & Depth, or a similar program we all agree on.

I am just realizing that once we open the Alliance to the public, we may become just like every other site out there—that is, just an open forum on Facebook (or the current Ning site). What are we currently offering, for example, that makes us more than “just” a forum that marks us as an “organization” instead?

Right now, we don't have any recurring programs at all. Hopefully the Deep Meet & Greet will be one. For others, what do you think the greater community would most enjoy, find value in, and talk about to others regarding the Alliance? Can we easily or quickly revive or re-vision past programs?

• HI Everyone. Next meeting is Monday, Aug 24th at 2p PDT and we will meet on Zoom. Here is the link:

Time: this is a recurring meeting

Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/623416480

Or join by phone:

+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=x9tOCuw2BGev0enYLCO1Ch09FHQ1lQ8k

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webin…
  • Next Programs & Events Committee Meeting is Monday, Aug 24th at 2pm PDT. Here is the Zoom link:

Time: this is a recurring meeting

Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/623416480

Or join by phone:

+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)

• Thanks so much, Donna, Brent, Mark and everyone for your hard work on this very important committee. I'm realizing how critical our programs and events are going to be to help define us once the site is "open." If we are just one more open forum--like so many rapidly becoming available on Facebook and LInkedIn at the moment--I have taken to wondering what it is that makes us unique.

One answer, I believe, is the experiential offerings we make available that are in line with our Vision statement to serve as a place of warmth and replenishment. No one is offering that at the moment!

I wanted to briefly update you on upcoming events I'm aware of and ask if you will promote and support them wherever possible.

Also wanted to ask if you think we should identify 1 or 2 that we can offer with some continuity to define us--so people associate us with those experiential and rewarding events. I don't know what they are--maybe continuing the Dinner  Depth series, even once a month. Maybe it's the Book Club with related live events. Maybe it's a focus on helping small groups pop up--either online or in person; either study groups, general Alliance meet ups, or DiscoverRing DP as a Vocation?...

Will post upcoming events below....

• For what it's worth, one program that I think is essential is the small groups, each that focuses on a key element of Depth Psychology. While they are not "in-person," they can generate quite intimate and profound discussions. I started "The Twilight Zone: Dream Work" several years ago, and I am trying now to revive it. It provides a unique opportunity for people all over the world to share and get feedback on their dreams. I believe that it is like no other forum anywhere on the planet that I'm aware of. I had to leave the group unattended for several years when I had a big job, and it languished. We have 143 members, and I'm going to try to reach out to every one to get it going again. Right now, several of us are chewing on a profound dream had by an Alliance member in Kyoto Japan! I also started the group "Encounters with the Numinous," which I also want to reawaken. If I had more time, I would go through all the 4000 member profiles to find everyone who notes an interest in dreams and send them a personal invitation to the group. With consistent and quality attention--and well chosen facilitators--I think the groups could be a vehicle to engage Alliance members and provide considerable value that they would happy to pay for.

The vocation group is "a different animal" than the other groups, in that it has the potential of offer real value that every unemployed (or underemployed, or unhappily employed) person needs. I can foresee several ongoing facilitated closed groups of 5-7 that would work specifically and collaboratively on their careers (or work in the world). While I have not had the time to be part of that group, I fantasize that my recruiting and career counseling background (together with my commitment to being Psyche-led) could lend valuable structure to such groups. There is a process by which individuals explore their inner leanings and outside experience to discern their unique call in the world. Currently, people all over the world are struggling with this issue and paying big bucks to local professionals for help. What makes us somewhat rare is our focus on one's daimon and an inside-out approach. How cool would that be for people to pay to participate in good quality (facilitated) career counseling that would be far less expensive than buying 1:1 career counseling from a local coach. It's not a stretch to say that such work would be contributing to "taking the depth lens to the masses," as participation in such a group would be building their introspective "muscles," but with very material concerns like putting food on the table and paying rent.

Clearly, we have mastered (or CAN fully master) the online world, don't you think? In other words, we have what it takes to make the online experience very personal with groups made up of individuals all over the world!

So, here's one last thought, regarding the vocation groups . . . what if we had a few depth folks who also had some career coaching in their background (don't you imagine we have 10 in our 4000+ members?) and we assigned them to facilitate one or more of the vocation groups. If members paid a per-session fee (or a 6-pack, 8-pack, etc.), Alliance could give 50% (or some fair split) of the fee to the facilitator. This would be a revenue stream for us and provide a forum and income to the career counselors. 

Just random thoughts--don't let them distract you from the good work you're doing!

• Dorene, first a mea culpa:  I think I just deleted your link of the matrix form. Could you repost? Very sorry (I thought I was deleted old post w/old Zoom link, sorry).

Second, I plan on discussing groups at our meeting on Monday (as well as how to get more people to join this committee, as there are so many excellent ideas/possibilities for the Alliance!).

• It looks like it's still there, Donna, but here you go!

MacMillan Matrix.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9142839699?profile=original
This reply was deleted.