Personal and collective dream

Hi everybody,

I feel drawn to share this dream which I had a week ago - after the sharing and discussion on yesterday's call about dreams that contain content related to personal and collective issues.

This dream I call "Over the cliff"

In the dream I am driving and a poet teacher/friend of mine is in the passenger seat. We pass a woman walking along the road and the poet expresses regret that he had not offered her a place to stay. He says she's a doctor but now lives simply and gave up her profession.  Then we are driving along a narrow mountain road - I am driving but am also looking at/distracted by a video on the poet's cell phone. Then I hand him back the phone and say I better concentrate on driving - however, now the car is turned around and we are going backwards, descending rapidly along the mountain road and I have no control of the car - I wonder how I can get back control of the car and I realize we may die - then the car goes backwards over a cliff and I say "I'm so sorry" and I wake up.

When I woke up I was struck with the collective message of humanity distracted by technology and heading over a cliff.   On the personal level, the content contains a lot of childhood stuff I've been processing around my father and where we lived up on a mountain - there was lots of driving on narrow mountain roads, etc.

I welcome any other thoughts on this. :-)

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for sharing this powerful dream. I wonder what the walking woman and the poet would say about it? And to each other?

This reply was deleted.