staying sane as the world self-destructs

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on what they advise clients/students to do to stay sane as our planetary situation devolves. Here is the link to my latest ecopsychology blog on The Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-buzzell/7-things-you-can-do-to-st_b_6537900.html

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for sharing (and writing!) this article, Linda. This list you have come up with contains such important but easy-to-engage ideas for the mainstream, and I'm glad you didn't shy away from using the word "sacred" in your first recommendation. I think, even as dire as things seem to be and as unconscious as many people I know are about our lack of care for the planet, every one of them (us?) can still relate to moments in time that are sacred. 

I personally love your final point about gathering in community to discuss important books on the topic: it rings really true with me. Maybe we can take advantage of the existing community and start an ecopsych-themed book club here on the Alliance if folks are interested, and connect both online in a meeting platform as well as through an ongoing written forum.

• Great idea, Bonnie, to do online book club gatherings. It would be fun and useful to be able to discuss some of the meatier and more challenging books on our field: things like Andy Fisher's 2nd edition of Radical Ecopsychology, David Kidner's Nature and Psyche (that I read and re-read - covered with highlights, underlinings and jotted notes), Bron Taylor's Deep Green Religion etc.

• Keep inventing and promoting the new sharing movement:

The Sunday Share & Reskilling Festival (Permaculture + Transiti...

Willi Paul
    New Mythologist & Transition Entrepreneur
    newmythologist.com | PlanetShifter.com Magazine | openmythsource.com
    @planetshifter @openmythsource @PermacultureXch
    415-407-4688 | pscompub@gmail.com

• Willi: Beautiful example of exactly what Linda is talking about: the gathering of community in "real time" and place to consciously connect and learn new skills that contribute to greater awareness. Love it! Wish I could go...

This reply was deleted.