Interspecies communication?

I'm wondering if there is a forum here or interest on the part of specific members in the topic of communication with wild creatures, especially those who frequent habitats where humans also dwell?  This is less about "conversation" than it is about the phenomenon of one creature being able to read another, some of which is expressed as a physical response, some of which seems to be transmitted as a form of extrasensory perception.

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sometimes too, the experience of so called human beings (one with another) might be described as 'interspeicies communication!!' :-))

Having said that, my own experience with the phenomenon, with creatures of the wild as well as 'domesticated' horses and other farm animals offers much to appreciate. I have come into relationship with a 'knowing' or sensing of a wider presence that connects humans with creatures/beings of feather, fur and hoof and that allows them/us 'recieve and transmit' between them/us. In that moment of 'heart centred' experience, 'them' and 'us' becomes 'ours'. When we are ever more moved to consciously open to the possibilities, somehow they 'speak' within/through/to us.

Such experiences have been healing, informative, guiding and comforting as well as challenging....utterly challenging to the ego's perceptions.

There is an argument to be made for 'natural giftedness' or openness to this phenomenon or ability. It is available through dreams as a matter of course within that 'wider boundaried' state. It makes itself available also in 'outer' life in times of extreem or 'hightened' or 'facilitated/inducted' energy, whether through experiencing an intense time of 'need' or vulnerability or some mystery of grace. There is also the gift of 'learning' or initiating  to what ever degree a present, an innate gift of communicative connectedness betweeen humans and the extended world of all creatures. I and many others in life carry such a 'gift' and also develop it, share it, facilitate it, induct it in groups and in individuals through working with horses, with other animals, within meditative wilderness walks, in conferences and through my writing and art. One's gifts are honed, expanded and modulated through heart centred practice and teaching.

In a particular radiant moment, that viel may part and something happens through the arteries and veins of our larger body. Blood and being merge with 'life' on a vast scale and this shares something of import, of value, of presence... between 'species'. One might also say that in terms of self awareness, of bringing the gift to consciousness, 'aligator' (reptillian); rabbit, (nervous, fast, soft, fluffy, into mega reproduction); horse, (personal power, sexuality, one's creative drive etc.); dog, (instinctual, loyal, territorial etc.); eagle, (higher spiritual, soaring, predatory, noble etc.) are all parts of a vast complement of forces inter-relationally connected through our soul stamp of life. What resonates particularily with us in a moment or over a lifetime of 'attraction' (even unwanted attraction to our lives) is the sort of symbolic/energetic force within us, outprojected through experience and offered to reconnect to that same dynamic within. And more. And the 'magic' of these sorts of experiences brings much to us that we are not aware of...one would argue, that we are mostly unaware of. 

One could extend this too, to all nature; the very rocks, trees, insects and even unseen energies of life.'

A wonder, is this gift, this naturalness, which, on the level of soul simply calls us to be 'in touch' with our natural, instinctual, wild, creative, destructive, predatory and sacred selves....the experience of presence within a spherical paradigm.

A wonder to visit, is this post and perhaps a gift or gifts of real life experience with this phenomenon may help to inspire the continuing walk in and with our 'deeper selves'! Have you had such experiences? May they be shared?

P. J. Fields 

This reply was deleted.