Brigid Schulte

Brigid Schulte is an award-winning journalist for The Washington Post and Washington Post magazine. She is also a fellow at the New America Foundation. In her career, she has written about, among other subjects, politics, culture, the military, science, the environment, work-life issues, gender and poverty. She was part of the team that won the 2008 Pulitzer Prize. She lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with her husband, Tom Bowman, military affairs correspondent for National Public Radio, and their two children, Liam and Tessa.

Click here for the content.

David Van Nuys, PhD
Creator/Host of Shrink Rap Radio

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Publisher

I'll listen to this when I have time ;)

Thank you, David.

• thanks.  I got a chuckle out of your comment! :-)

• Publisher

Good morning,

I did mean it as a joke, but I do intend to get to the material this weekend. Journalists fascinate me and I'm familiar with her style, so I'm looking forward to it!

S

• Kairos is also about doing the right thing at the right moment. There is a very good book (it seems available only in Serbian) about altered states of consciousness where its author Stevan Petrovic describes kairos as an intuitive understanding of how the world and interconnectedness work. It's similar to satori in zen Buddhism, but about real objects and events. I think that at the moment relatively young people will be in trouble (chaos, confusion) as the (heavily globalized for the first time ever) starts hitting limits of growth (driven by "funny money" (artificial supply and demand, debts, competition, GDP ignoring the nature of human activities)) and merciless competition) one by one. If you are actually running in the wrong direction and doing it faster and faster, it's very difficult to figure out that you've been doing something dysfunctional for awhile (for years, decades, or even since the first slaves). Even if you do wake up one morning and figure out the situation, everyone else will still be running and accelerating.

This reply was deleted.