Friends,

I am posting a paper I wrote for Pacifica regarding the phenomenon of Donald Trump. It is an analysis of what is happening from a Jungian perspective, outlining the underlying dynamics of our current environment. I believe we as a country need to look at the implications of Mr. Trump's popularity. We ignore this reality at our own peril. I hope it is useful for anyone inclined to read it.

The Trickster of 2016_Understanding the Phenomenon of Donald Trump.pdf

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mary Ellen, feel free to share my typological views with Dr. Lavin (posted directly below).  They may inspire him.  :-)

• Good morning Julia - thank you for your review of "the phenomena of Donald Trump"...according to Jungian archetype nature analysis.  This read was helpful for me for Jungian ground remains unfamiliar ground as I was not Jungian trained.  

Your work helped me as I continue in my struggle grasping the conceptual nature of anomalies.  As David Spiegel, MD stated in his 2000 remarks...book review of:

Varieties of Anomalous Experience [ISBN 1-55798-625-8]..."The book deserves its consciously positioned place in the tradition of William James's objective analysis of the subjective"...for we moderns are..."the people looking for our "lost keys under the lamp post because the light is better there, first focusing on behaviour, then cognition, then emotion."  The editors..."Cardena, Lynn, and Kripper have provided a powerful flashlight to expand the territory to be explored for the key to experiences that challenge our power to explain."

Best I say no more for I am too novel in Jungian analysis and American politics, however, I am paying attention to the multitude of depth voices arising - in here, out there, everywhere.    Peace + Love Linda

• Linda, I love that quote about looking for the "lost keys under the lamp post because the light is better there, first focusing on behavior, then cognition, then emotion." Very relevant for our situation as I don't think we, as a society, are looking where we need to be looking. Thanks for sharing.

This reply was deleted.