Book Review of "Nature & Psyche" by David Kidner

I recently came across this book review by Dennis Slattery of David Kidner's Nature and Psyche: Radical Environmentalism and the Politics of Subjectivity. The book looks great and I've had it sitting on my shelf for months, but haven't had two seconds to do more than skim it. I'm dying to dive in. Has anyone here read it?

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bonnie, thank you for the recommendations.  I can never pass on books that have interesting titles like the aforementioned! Yes, I know Dennis Merritt very well. He is a Jungian analyst from Wisconsin and, in a former life, was an entomologist. Dennis was at The Journey Conference in NC this past fall and I got to spend some good one-on-one time with him over wine one evening.  He has poured his soul into the book and I am chomping at the bit (sounds like a farmer, doesn't it?) to read it.  

• Bonnie, I really liked Slattery's review and it drew me to read more.  While I have not read it, I would like to include it in my dissertation writing (what dissertation writing?). Lynn

• Great, Lynn. I think I bought the book at the Pacifica bookstore a year ago, so you see how much progress I've made!

Not that you need more to read, I've also recently received two more new books you may be interested in: "Psycholanalysis and Ecology at the Edge of Chaos: Complexity Theory, Deleuze| Guattari and Psychoanalysis for a Climate in Crisis" by Joseph Dodds (recommended by Linda Buzzell and I know Craig Chalquist recently got it as well so I have high expectations) (No doubt Ed Casey would be all over it, too! :)

The other one is the recent Fisher King Press title, "The Dairy Farmer's Guide to the Universe: Jung, Hermes, and Ecopsychology" (v.1) by the esteemed Dennis L. Merritt. I've never read a book by him (not sure if he has others)--but some of his essays I've seen are so concise and informative. Plus--how can you pass up a book with a name like that?

Has anyone else read either of these?

• The film Avatar comes to mind as I read the end of Dennis Slattery's review!

This reply was deleted.