ocean

Dream I had: 3/ 21/ 10 I am working on my computer using a program that evaluates equations. An ocean comes on the screen. I am thrilled because fractals (numbers that describe nature) are creating it. Then fractal mountains appear through the dark. Then the ocean comes again and it is huge and overpowering. There is a hand in the image, boney hand, perhaps made out of wire. It disappears. Two right hands appear. I know it is on the screen, but the energy seems to be real. Taking a step backward. There are waves, no foam, it is a dark murky ocean, violent and unrelenting.

RAGEOCEANMONITOR.jpg

MELOOKINGATRAGINGOCEAN.jpg

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Katrina, thanks for your comments!
    The golden spiral is based on Fibonacci numbers, beautiful, but they are not used to simulate waves that I know of. Fractals are the numbers of the science of chaos. Fractals can be used to generate waves, clouds, trees, circulatory system, mountains. They particularly interest me because they were discovered at the same time as the environmental movement started in the 80s. Fractals are mysterious numbers - they have no solution and iterate infinitely, perhaps like nature.
  • Wow, Lucia: what an interesting dream experience. I feel the power from the ocean even as I sit here in front of my own "real" computer screen. Of course, your last line invokes images of the oil spill in the Gulf with its dark murkiness, and the hand reaching out makes me think of Bernstein's theory that Nature is trying to reconnect with us to pull us back from the "brink of extinction" as a species. Of course, this is not an interpretation of your dream, but only what it invokes for me because of where I am. And, I have been working a lot with the concept/archetype of the "devouring feminine" which certainly seems to be looming here in this moment for me. Again, very powerful as I sit here and let it wash over me. Thanks so much for sharing, and for including your art images as well...
This reply was deleted.