I just received the July 2012 issue of The Sun magazine and was delighted to find in it nine pages devoted to three reprinted interviews with James Hillman done between 1990-2000. For dessert there’s an article by Michael Ventura entitled “James Hillman Never Said Hello To Me.”

Publisher Sy Safransky did the first interview and noted that listening to Hillman was “like stepping off a bus into the clamorous, exotic, slightly menacing streets of a foreign city. You’re asked to leave behind fantasies of growth and self-improvement; to search the narrow, twisting alleys for better questions, not answers; to be prepared for trouble.” Yup.

If you’re not familiar with The Sun, it’s worth tracking down. It was founded in 1974 and has been published, completely ad-free, ever since. You can get a taste of it online at www.thesunmagazine.org , but complete (and always superb) interviews, articles, and stories are available only in hard copy—and well worth the investment. It’s the only magazine I read cover to cover as soon as I get it. It’s a publication for all four ego-functions.

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THANKS HADLEY!  I will subscribe again. Until I read this post of yours I'd forgotten how great a publication this is!

This reply was deleted.