I'm a professor in California and a Jungian. Some time ago I started a jazz group and decided to call it "Synchronicity."  I got a couple of gigs so I thought I would get a banner made at Fed Ex/Kinko which said "Synchronicity."  

I walked into Fed Ex wondering if my banner was ready. It was a Sunday morning.  There was no one in the store.  A lady was behind the counter making  a telephone call. She said "I'll be right with you."  

Except she was calling me to tell me my order was ready. So my cell phone started ringing in my pocket as I was standing at the counter.  I answered it, and it was the lady behind the counter looking at me and talking to me on her phone as I was on my phone.  

So we both laughed at the coincidence, but what made that coincidence even more stunning was that the item I was picking up was a banner for my band which just had one word on it: SYNCHRONICITY.

All the best,

Jerry Kroth, Ph.D.

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice one Jerry!  I have an FB group called Best Synchronicity Ever! and shared a link to this there... hope that's ok.  :) G

• Jerry,  I love how David, in his response to you, is "playing the metaphor"! In keeping with his thought, here is a little more. http://www.principlesofnature.net/musical_scale_structures/real-tim...   bless, stephanie

• Stephanie I think you, Jerry and I have invented SYNPROVISATIION
      • Should that prove the case, SYN BIG, Jerry!

• That woman is now part of your 'band'. She'll be 'right with you' whenever you play :)
This reply was deleted.