Replies

• 11. What does he mean by "giving over to the opus all personal demands..."
    • It means, go ahead, Just try to demand and see where your puny sense of direction takes you. Instead, learn to be still as Eliot says, and wait. Just wait in a kind of quiet way for what will be said to you. 

• 10. What does JH mean by the pelican as a vessel of "psychological faith"?
  • 9. Why do alchemists warn against undigested material - extraneous comparisons, borrowed interpretations, theories, and explanations -- and say that things must be cooked in their own blood?
    • No one else receives the messages, (see above) that you do. No one else ever has or ever will. Yours are for you alone. Your messages may come once, only but enough to change your view of life, or you may receive enough messages from the world that you develop a kind of gloss, probably just in time for that gloss to change! 

Consider the words, "If I was not here to teach, the very stones would sing the praises of the Almighty" a bad paraphrase but I believe you know the reference. 

• 8. How does pepsis, digestion, turn events into experience? (p.44)
    • Awareness. Recognizing the living quality of all around, the life force everywhere, such that at any moment a vital message may be offered and if you are quick enough, if I am quick enough, if I am among the Quick, the message seen, experienced...

• 7. How is co-generation by mutual imaginings embodied by the double pelican, and what is its relationship to psychotherapy and art? (p.43)
    • in writing a point comes where the stuff needs other eyes, the writer or I as writer, balk and shy away, can no longer make good sense or any sense, must have the insights of other hearts, minds, prior to the piece going public. That is the double pelican in art, the co-generation necessary for some pieces. In psychotherapy, each session is a "mutual imagining" when the session is on, when it's on tap with the energy present...

• I'm smiling as I read this. That really resonates with me. I "get" that, completely.
This reply was deleted.