Today in Ops Comm we talked about ideas to develop a paid membership base. We discussed many scenarios, but I mentioned (and a couple of us agree) that I would still hope we might keep the online community mostly free--but appeal to members to join the "organization" as members.

In return, they might get some perks--a subscription to Depth Insights journal (currently free, but we would move to subscription fees for all others), free listing on Depth Psychology List (currently $24 to list), and access to some of the webinars and community conversations (currently free to everyone, but could also move to paid registration for everyone except Alliance paying members). 

If we add Depth Insights, we could only charge per year since it only comes out 2x/year. If were don't we could give people the option to pay monthly instead (with the option to stop anytime)

All ideas on the table, but I'd like to see us implement something in the next couple of months. Even if we get 100 people paying $10 monthly, it would make a huge difference.

I came across this page for IAJS today and wanted to suggest you all take a look at it: http://jungstudies.net/welcome-to-the-iajs/

If you know of other orgs that have membership pages, please list them here below so we can look at market rates, "competitors", and assess for creative ideas.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I want to add Dorene's idea of a general note to everyone for a monthly contribution--say, $10--with a thanks to them by name if they want and letting them know how their money helps the Alliance. We could roll this out as part of a fundraiser. I've been wanting for a while to record something on why they should help fund us; working on a script. (The classical radio station I listen to gives anecdotes about the composers' lives during fundraisers and also has a nice line about "six hundred years of classical music.")

This reply was deleted.