In alignment with our recent work and re-visioning for the Alliance, I propose we make changes to the following in time for our September 15 public opening/launch:
1. www.DepthPsychologyAlliance.com home page —structure, content, look and feel
2. change to the overall look and feel, and navigation of the entire web site
4. tagline (please vote or share your feedback on this below)
Here are some details & comments:
1. Home page: As the chair of the Re-Vamping the Home Page Task Force, I have (with a contractor) initiated the re-work of rethinking and building a new home page (and overall navigation) for the Alliance that will be simpler and more dynamic. To this end, I have made suggestions for layout, links, categories, and graphics we can use.
2. Web Site look and feel: using the new “wrapper” (look and feel, header, links, etc.) created for the home page, we’ll simply link directly to some of the sections on the current (Ning) site. For example, the “Events” link on the new home page will simply point to the existing Events page on the Alliance site now. However, we will change the look and feel of the Ning site to match the new home page as best as we can to make the two more consistent in the way they look. They won’t be identical, but we'll do what we can.
3. Logo: I’ve been working on producing new logo that is simpler and more straightforward, but still focused on the beehive. Also moving away from the “black” look and feel. Will share with you soon, but feedback on this direction welcomed.
4. Tagline: Given the recent work that’s happened in the Vision Task Force and our move toward being (and being seen as) an incubator (I really like that archetypal image)—I think we need to change the slogan or tagline I’ve used until now to reflect the fact that we want to be able to serve as an incubator for people to deepen into soul, and as an incubator for professionals to create or support their work in the world (Soul stewards; those engaging depth psychology as a vocation).
You can see the current logo with the current tagline at the top of this web page. Current tagline is “Engaging the World with Soul”.
I’d like to propose a new tagline from (or similar to) the following and would love to have your vote or feedback. Or if you have a better idea, don’t hesitate to share.
- Incubating soul and the work of soul
- Incubating soul and the work of soul in the world
- Incubating soul for individuals and professionals
- Incubating soul for individuals and practitioners
- Incubating soul for individuals and those promoting the work of soul
- Incubating soul for personal and professional growth
I am currently the only one of us actively working on this initiative and feeding suggestions to graphic design and web development, so if anyone else from the board wants to be involved as part of this, let me know. I’ll be sending updates to everyone periodically but hope to have the new look and feel up by the time we open the site to the public on Sept. 15.