Human Animal Studies

Thank you for creating this group. I am currently in a PhD program and am researching to write a dissertation on a topic related to ecogrief and the collective witness of the domination, destruction, and displacement of animals in place of nature. I look forward to hearing from you in this discussion.

Respectfully,

Effie

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Effie,

We are getting to a start later than I thought and still we are! Hope you can join for the opening circle, March 8, and thank you for your patience. Hope all is well with and around you.

lots of love,

megan

• Thank you, Effie. I'm looking forward to this discussion as well. We are in process of making significant changes to the ex·tinc·tion wit·ness website and I'm editing the 2014 to 2015 collection for print publication, so may not get to the first posting here until January. You may wish to read Dark Matter: Women Witnessing. Are you familiar with the publication? http://darkmatterwomenwitnessing.com/home_page.html Many are contributing there and the third issue will be out any day now. The editor, Lise Weil, does a tremendous job creating a tremendous, robust resource.

My intent here is to initiate discussion with a theme from the 2014 to 2015 ex·tinc·tion wit·ness collection beginning with primates. Where are you studying?  More from me soon! 

With love, thank you

Megan

ex·tinc·tion wit·ness founder & creative director

• Thank you for your reply Megan. I did review your website and will continue to follow your works and publications. I find the topics very pertinent with regards to the plight of animals in a multitude of ways on a global level. This topic regarding animals is very near and dear to my heart.

Are you familiar with the organization Animals and Society Institute?  An excellent source on various topics are posted on this page from their website:  http://www.animalsandsociety.org/human-animal-studies/society-and-a...

I am student at Grand Canyon University in the doctoral program of Psychology with an emphasis on Cognition and Instruction. I am currently investigating on a topic in relation to human animal studies, which is my area of concentration.

I look forward to our discussions. Happy New Year to you and best wishes for a bright and happy 2016 on onward.

Sincerely Yours,

Effie

Paths to the Psyche, Founder and Creator

• Thank you, Effie. Appreciate your taking time with the ex·tinc·tion wit·ness website and posts. I'm unfamiliar with Animals and Society. Greatly appreciate the link! I'll explore.

You may be interested in the Intersectional Justice conference coming up at Whidbey Institute March 2016. I'll be reading poetry. http://whidbeyinstitute.org/event/intersectional-justice/

I'm turning inward next week to complete a manuscript. Intention is to initiate the discussion here mid-January. Thanks for your patience! I'm looking forward to the dive in with you,

with much gratitude, love and many blessings for 2016

Megan

This reply was deleted.