THE MASCULINE IN THE CASTLE

Good afternoon, everyone. Kevin raised a question during the webinar about the off stage men in the story of ON THE DOORSTEP OF THE CASTLE. This is a really important point. While the story centers on the lives of the two women, the masculine principle is significant in many ways. On the one hand, the old-fashioned image of the dominant, oppressive masculine is symbolized by the Inquisition and the Pope, who both wanted to dominate the feminine principle, inhibit the spread of new ideas, and assert the hegemony of power. And yet, there are other masculine voices that inspire connection, exploration, passionate love, devotion, and ultimately champion the triumph of Teresa and Alma in the end. I wonder if, extrapolating from Kevin's reading of the Yang Feminine, as the emerging feminine energy of the 21st century, there is a Yin Masculine?

How would you see this played out in the following characters:

1. Copernicus

2. Eli

3. Geronimo Gracian

4. King Philip

I know today, I would certainly see Pope Francis as an example of the Yin Masculine. I know men in my own life who embody this, including my husband and Kevin Filocamo!

What do you see?

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bravo! Let's hear it for the Yin Masculine in all our lives!

This reply was deleted.