Circle resources...?

Hey there,

Today Craig suggested creating "circles" to do mythological activism through.

It just so happens I was doing some research this afternoon and tripped over these two audio presentations related to the idea of "circles."  I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I know that Jean Bolen is a highly-respected Jungian.

Here is the blurb for each of them:

++++++++++++

The Value of Circles (March 17, 2007)

https://archive.org/details/TJKS_Circles_Webmix

49:51

Featuring Jean Bolen and Justine Toms

Program Description
Do you know what it is to be in “Circle”? Could you be yearning for a Circle in your life and not know it? What is the Millionth Circle? What do Circles do? What are the rewards? As Conveners of the Millionth Circle Initiative – Jean, Justine, and I will answer these questions and more. 

We will share with you

* what creates a circle 

* why there is such value in having these intentional gatherings 

* the idea about a million circles 

* how various circles have personally affected our lives

* the world need for circles everywhere

* some circles and initiatives for you know about 

Jean Shinoda Bolen, MD is known around the globe as a lecturer and author of ten books, including Goddesses in Everywoman, The Millionth Circle, and her most recent: Urgent Message From Mother – Gather the Women, Save the World. Jean’s message serves to inspire a third wave of the women’s movement, with the potential to create a culture where peace is possible. Dr. Bolen is also a Jungian analyst, activist, and a clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco. www.jeanbolen.com

Justine Toms, for more than 30 years, has been hosting and producing worldwide broadcasts for New Dimensions Radio, reporting on what some consider “the history of the future”. She co-authored, with her husband, Michael Toms, True Work: Doing What You Love and Loving What You Do. Some of her interviews have included such well-known women as Riane Eisler, Jane Goodall, Gloria Steinem, and Alice Walker. Justine also facilitates workshops on circle practice. www.newdimensions.org

This program originally aired on March 17, 2007 on San Francisco’s KQKE 960AM “The Quake”.

++++++++

Creating Circles Worldwide

https://archive.org/details/CreatingCirclesWorldwide

51:32

We celebrate that Circles were supported at the recent United Nations 2012 Commission on the Status of Women, where Millionth Circle Convener, Ann Smith - circleconnections.com - held a dynamic circle session. This podcast shares the dream to raise consciousness everywhere with the creation of a million circles around the globe. The idea is to manifest positive change for our planet through Women’s Circles, Men’s Circles, Men & Women Circles, Couples Circles, and Intergenerational Circles that are involved in personal, social, cultural, and psycho/spiritual transformation.

You will hear about
* why global circles can create a morphic field for positive change
* what time-honored guidelines add value to circle gatherings
* how various circles have personally affected our lives
* the Millionth Circle Initiative and its Conveners
* circles that are connecting and influencing many cultures

Jean Shinoda Bolen, MD is an internationally-known author of eleven books, including Goddesses in Everywoman, The Millionth Circle, Urgent Message From Mother - Gather the Women, Save the World, and most recently: Like a Tree. Jean’s powerful writing supports peaceful planetary consciousness by encouraging more inclusion of the feminine genius everywhere. Dr. Bolen is a Jungian analyst, activist, speaker, and recently - clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. www.jeanbolen.com

Justine Willis Toms is the acclaimed co-founder of New Dimensions Radio - hosting and producing worldwide broadcasts. Justine’s inspiring interviews always include uplifting conversations for her listeners. Her guests have included Riane Eisler, Jane Goodhall, Gloria Steinem, and Alice Walker. Her latest book is Small Pleasures - Finding Grace in a Chaotic World, 50 uplifting and engaging essays on friendships, rituals, animals, nature, circles, and much more. www.newdimensions.org www.justinewillistoms.com

++++++++++

Again -- I have not reviewed these programs so I cannot testify to their value or relevance.  Nevertheless, I hope they may be of interest.

Warmly,
-Vicky Jo

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Vicki Jo,

Thank you for your contributions to all of us.

My best,

Jane Knox

This reply was deleted.