On the Art of Drifting

My suggestion in the Webinar about getting lost was/is to get back to the body.

To get lost is to walk a bit every day while staying

open to being surprised by what lies unexpectedly in the familiar;

to get lost is to amble along with no intention or goal or purpose;

to get lost in this way helps to lasso the busy mind  and slow it to the pace of one foot in front of the other;

to get lost is to become a sail boat rather than a motor boat on the currents of the day.

I call this practice the art of drifting.

It is a way of embodying a poetic sensibility that is responsive to the appeals of nature and the world.

Robert Romanyshyn

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A walking meditation. Lovely...

• Dear Robert Brian Bonnie and All

By way of introduction  My name is David Oxley and I live in South devon UK.  The show over here comes on at 2am and so far I haven't made the live transition but loved the recording that came a couple of days after (thanks Bonnie)

What really opened me to a poetic sensibility was reading Khrishnamurti's Notebook...what 30 years ago.  How deeply present he was to the world about him and how exquisitely he described for example the immediacy of a sunrise and the pigeon's playing in the trees.  It seemed completely radical to me at the time and quite wonderful and awesome to be in the world in such a way and with such a sense of connectedness.

I feel  some  excitement  with this series now..bathing in the similar waters ..and  if I were to wish for myself  it would be that I wrote some lines too.   Iwanted to include a youtube clip of David Whyte talking of Dante and David Waggoner's poem Lost

David Whyte: Preservation of the Soul (excerpt ... - YouTube

With appreciation and love

David

• Terrific David! Thank-you for the share.

This reply was deleted.