leaflet%20Kaiser%20Journal%20article.pdf

I think part of what we're talking about here lately has to do sometimes a bit with midlife crises, as was alluded to in the "Depth Insights" Radio interview--so I thought I'd add this article here for everyone's comments.

It might be neat to take a little poll amongst ourselves and see how many of us had our spiritual emergence in midlife and how many had the critical part of it in some other transition, such as adolescence.

Anyone care to start us off?

leaflet Kaiser Journal article.pdf

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Darlene,

The process I'm going through, and the short spiritual relationship/friendship with this soror mystica, are in my view related to indeed midlife processes.

This mediumistic woman, I talked about earlier in a previous post, told us - my wife and me - that she'd learned from her spiritual guide that in roughly the first 40 years of life your unconsciousness knowledge of the world is filled with the experiences of the previous life before the actual one. In this way themes which were unfinished in the previous life, can be played again, searching for a better handling of the problem. After these 40 years, this information becomes obsolete, and it is time to fill the unconsciousness with themes of the life before your direct previous life. Because that often has been a totally different life from the direct previous one, people get into crisis sometime, to help get away with the direct previous life, and to get the new unconscious program of the second life before this one to influence you unconsciously. It is meant to put a new theme in your life.

The meeting with this soror mystica has to do with that - according to this mediumistic woman - that she had to help me get out of the first 40 years, into the next 40 years, in which the life was unconsciously activated in which she and I were partners and I killed myself. Now I had to have this same process again, but to choose for another solution and not committing suicide.

This theory makes me wonder whether the new previous life influences via my unconsciousness have something to do with kundalini and the process after that (for instance becoming psychic in a way, seeing visions etc.)

So, also with me the process started in midlife, around age 43, end of october, begin november 2010, and is still moving on.

Reading the article you gave us, these words jumped from the screen: 

Regarding psychospirituality, Bolen observed that the midlife passage is a liminal state wherein “the invisible spiritual world and visible reality come together; here intuitive possibility is on the threshold of tangible manifestation.“

These worlds came together in my meetings with this soror mystica - this physical world and Orbis Alia, this other, spiritual world - and I believe these two worlds can also be found and felt in the kundalini process, in which especially my head is a strange combination between a physical forehead and scalp and an energetic forehead (ajna chakra) and scalp (sahasrara chakra).

Light, Life and Love,

Pieter.

• So with Bolen's quote we are back to both synchronicity and the concept of the union of opposites or the two in one. We also return to the idea of the spirit made manifest, with no form ever existing apart from the prior existence of its essence or soul. Thus dreams and the spiritual dance together, the dream being a potential step toward eventual manifestation of the spirit from whence it comes.

This reply was deleted.