Tree of Life/Kundalini Experience

Here is the vignette I'm thinkiing Pietre will relate to best from my research:

http://saybrook.academia.edu/DarleneViggiano/Papers/178488/Lucys_Tree_of_Life

What are your associations to the Tree of Life?

What are your experiences with Kundalini?

Has either of these ever figured into your own dreams/DLEs?

What role do you see this DLE as playing in the spiritual emergence process?

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The imagery in this persons experience are so similar to the shamanic journeying imagery I have used - a tree as the start point and travelling into it down through the roots or a hole in the earth to the deep unconscious or 'lower world' in shamanic terms. I have often been 'given' the tree image too to feel all sides of oneself the higher spiritual branches and leaves the roots deep down into the earth, the deeper inner psychological unconscious. The trunk as the middle world of the mundane physical realm. Following further into these realms to gain information sought. 

I am sure many of you are familiar with this though... 

Personally I have used these images a lot, and yes the information and sometimes just the experience of 'being' these symbols has moved me forward - sometimes as a nudge others more dramatically. 

I have not really experienced the sudden Kundalini rising experiences I know many, like Pieter, have, though I have consciously worked with the energy and found personal block release through the movement of this energy through my chakra system. I also have experienced that the energy can only be moved as far as it is right to, or I am ready to experience. Once at the furthest point for the time one can't simply 'will' further movement - well at least this is my experience. I don't know if others have had this. 

I think I am confused when I hear the word 'role' as applied to DLE and dreams... to me it seems the role is to wake us up to the next concept, understanding or healing that we are ready for on a soul level. Perhaps I take this understanding for granted, or perhaps I am ignorant of other possibilities.. What do you see the 'role' as? Do I have your meaning right here?

• I agree that a function of dreams is to wake us up! In the abstract of my presentation other possible roles are offered.  I think tonight's discussion post with therefore be the abstract. It is so interesting to me how we are weaving our way through the materials in a non-linear yet somehow perfect way!

• Check out this synchronicity!  What do you supposed showed up on FaceBook's C.G. Jung page?

as well as the Cosmic Tree--just now--from someone I don't know!

• Synchronicities are great aren't they!

Oh and the other association I have with the tree of life is the Kabbalah (Qabbala) which is a system of thought describing the whole of life experience. It that runs through the whole tarot deck I use the most frequently, the Thoth. Each part on the tree represents a learning of some sort in one of the 4 realms - physical, thought, emotional and spiritual. You can read about the basics here if you are not familiar with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qabbala

The deck I use is the Thoth - http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/99 

One way of knowing the Qabbala is to do a visualised journey into each node or sephiroth to explore the energies held there, and also to gain the wisdom we need at the point of doing the journey. 

• That's a beautiful deck.  I am familiar with the Jewish Kabbalah, but didn't realize that Qabbala was a bit different beyond the spelling. I was familiar with Crowley and Fortune, but not all the connections. For me, too, my main association with the Tree of Life is the Kabbalah. There is also a song we sing in the Dances of Universal Peace:

Thou Holy Asha,

Thou Holy Asha,

Art on the Tree of Life,

Art on the Tree of Life,

Standing in the middle of the

Eternal Sea,

Standing in the middle of the

Eternal Sea.

It is a partner dance, I believe Zoroastrian, which to me honors and mirrors the soul of the world, the anima mundi, and that within us as well. I'm not sure if that was the original intention.

This reply was deleted.