A brief refletion of this week

Hi everyone!

Delighted to be here with you! I dreamt with a lot of dead deer going with the stream along a river… the river and the environment were poisoned by pollution…it was scary and heart breaking. People was trying to find cure in homeopathy… I cannot say whether this is personnel, transpersonal or both. I have watched today to Noa`s movie – the water apocalypse. Interesting synchronicity, nevertheless I am expecting them without expectations 

Interesting to see how they worked the pair light-shadow, distancing from the dualistic versions ad nausem used by te media/culture.

The conflict-transition between the old myth and the countermyht or new myth is represented for me, in the fairy tales famous sentence: The King (old order and its prevailing paradigm) is dead, long live the King (the new myth with its news assumptions). Interesting to notice that in this movie`s interpretation of this Hebrew myth (related to the first patriarchal religion, grandparents of “the chosen ones”) the feminine –serpent, fruit of knowledge-Sophia, and the Earth nature raped, as it is always when the values of life are not cherished, was rejected, “demonized”. Strongly in the first case, and surreptitiously in the second, when NOA wanted to kill the 2 baby for being girls. It takes time, indeed, for the transition and it seems that elements of the previous myth always try to remain in the following… maybe that`s the way it is. Indeed we have to sacrifice something to Pluto –but, as Shakespeare said in one of his plays: “Death once dead, doesn’t require any more dying”.

Maybe apocalyptical times are Eraparadigms (as Craig said) generators. And the signs were there, in NOA, as now: “ when they don’t care for the land/nature, and by the way they`ll treat their children” –ultimately we are all those children of Earth.

This is my reflection on the theme today!

Blessings, Vera

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for posting this, Vera. Looking forward to seeing this film. The death of the old king is a frequent alchemical motif; to me it announces the end of the old structures, crumbling to make way for the new.

• Hi Vera. This sounds like a powerful dream. I could be wrong, but I would tend to suspect that dreams of ecocide and environmental destruction such as this likely always have a collective aspect, in addition to any others. It might be interesting to look into the deer and see where it shows up in mythology (in particular, I'm thinking of Artemis, but I'm sure there are others).

I also saw Noah and was struck by many of the themes and symbols you mention. The whole myth of the Bible and what it has meant for the feminine has been so destructive for so long. For me, it was nice to see a treatment of the Noah myth in which a transformation occurred. I find it hopeful, especially since the film was highly controversial in some circles, but got a lot of notice for exactly that reason.

• Hi Bonnie,

I agree with you that it is hopeful!

Vera

This reply was deleted.