http://www.cgjungpage.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=179&Itemid=40

I hope you will all check the above article I wrote a number of years back.  It discusses some of the pitfalls inherent in the scenario many of us have found ourselves in at times.

What do you think love has to do with making it through a spiritual emergency alright?

How might we best navigate the turbulent waters of the therapeutic journey in the midst of spiritual emergency?

Why do you suppose our dream-like experiences can take over and seem more real than outer circumstances?

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Darlene,

A very interesting read indeed. This soror mystica, I told about, used to be a client of mine, but as the strange occurences started to appear, and she started to say things she saw with me, our roles suddenly turned around. Especially when she said she was 'The Other' half of our soul - the Twin Soul - I could no longer be her therapist. It never came - and I never tried to come - to sexual contact. We are both married and our contact was purely a spiritual one. The closest gesture we choose to greet each other - just a few times - was by a hug; but this was after she said she was my twin soul. I never kissed her, I just wanted to keep the relation clean and pure, with no erotic stress, although maybe this kundalini process process started anyway by erotic energy constellated by our mystic relationship.

I often have thought about, talked about with other psychologists, did I do her wrong? Did I go too far with her? Was it the projection of my Anima? Did I want it to be just that: a twin soul relationship? But I can honestly say that I never expected to find in her my twin soul. In a way I feel fate was really pushing me out of the therapists chair, to be lead by her, disclosing for the first time the Other World, and to experience paranormal feelings and visions I only read and heard about all my life, but which I never experienced myself.

This period of my life was very intense, both cognitively and emotionally. In a way you could see this as the first spiritual crisis in my life, although it was a sweet one in a way. It is very well symbolized by a card from the Osho Zen Deck, called Laziness, in which I could see myself relaxing, while my world view began to show cracks, as the experiences started to enter my life in a great flood. She had a done a reading of cards, and out came this one (among others)

Pretty suddenly this relationship ended, begin 2011. I had a terrible year 2011, not knowing why there was so much distance between us, while there used to be so much closeness, especially emotionally and spiritually. I never got the answer.

This year, on the 8th of March 2012, I went with my wife to a woman who could talk with her guide. This guide could talk wih my guide and in this way I got information what had been happening between me and this twin soul - or so I believed then. This woman said she was karma for me. She was not my twin soul: my wife is my twin soul. She's however a spiritual sister in a way, coming from the same soul parents. I could really read her, because of that. She in a way had to make good to me, after she had make me kill myself in a previous life. In that life - 2 lives before this one - she was a cougar: an adult woman, and I was a very young man. She seduced me into her life, a life full of sexuality, in which had to sleep with her female friends also. At last she became pregnant of me, but she had this child aborted. This could be connected with a woman voice I once heard while meditating, in the time before she said she was my twin soul. This voice said: "I find it wonderful to tell you I'm pregnant with you". In that previous life I was totally in her control, and I could not get free from her then. Therefore I had killed myself.

In this life I had to get into her field again, according to this mediumistic woman. In a way this short relation with her in this life was arranged by our mutual spiritual guides, to help me proof to myself I can get out of her field. This was especially hard for me, as she had been my guide in the Other World, and I felt really lost without her. But it was around the time that I was to go to this mediumistic woman, february 2012, that I decided to stop seeking contact with her, and started living my own life - with my own spiritual processes.

I have met with her two times since then. One time we walked together, with her dogs, and I felt absolutely no connection whatsoever with her. I never told her about what this woman said. In a way talking about spiritual things was no longer the issue in our contact. I felt emotionally free from her. After that I met her again, but it was just a casual 'hello' and nothing more. And, again, I felt nothing for her.

I believe now that this meeting helped both of us in a way. I once told her I thought that I had to get in contact with the spiritual side of life, and she had to incarnate more fully in this life on earth. She's doing fine, I believe, and I'm also, although the kundalini process is still with me.

There's a lot more to say about this, but I hope that my openness is welcomed by you all. I honestly never have touched her sexually, never crossed the line in that way, although I have been close to someone in a way I've never thought possible.

Light, Life and Love,

Pieter.

44.jpg

44.txt

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9142769880?profile=original
    • My hunch is that the spiritual energy only peaks when the sexual energy has been contained in deference to the higher good. I imagine sexual acting out would only lead to loss of soul. Even in the coniunctio, the aftermath requries a bit of a deathly state for a time, like that of the Lazy man in the Zen cards, but not as smug.

It is often difficult to tell whether one is dealing with a soror mystica or an anima projection. Meeting either could make for a spiritual emergence. What differentiates the two for all of you out there reading this?

• Dear Darlene,

I found it very strange that I never dreamed dreams about her. So my unconscious never showed that she was an anima figure. I believe all the strange experiences, the feelings were all very conscious and new to me. And they still are: also this kundalini process can be felt semi-physical, but very strong. And, yes, it could very well be that the sexual energy was in way sublimated in kundalini energy, as the place where it starts is very close to the sexual organs. The rising of the kundalini energy comes also with an orgasmic feeling, but no ejaculation. I even felt one time a near orgasmic feeling in my head, because of this same process. So, spiritual energy may very well be of the same origin - or maybe the 'shakti' part of it - as  sexual energy. It is even said that semen is the motor of the kundalini experience, and I must say that my sexual life has somewhat changed because of this process.

Light, Life and Love,

Pieter.

• Good point about a telltale sign of anima projection coming from dream images! I couldn't say that the motor of kundalini does not exist within women, because clearly women experience it too--all on our own.  I do believe that sexual energy and spiritual energy, as opposites, are actually two sides of one coin--the two in one, the snake biting its tail.

Have others here ever experienced any opposites turning into each other, or showing themselves to essentially connected once the veils of appearances are lifted?

This reply was deleted.