Welcome to Dream On!

This is a free study group on the Role of Dreams and Dream-like Experiences in Spiritual Emergence Processes. It is based on my book and various materials connected with that. It is not necessary to buy the book, as I will introduce free materials along the way.  For the first day of the month, please write a paragraph, or a few, introducing yourself and letting people know what drew you to the group—perhaps something you saw on the web site or heard in the interview.  I will look for responses every evening and return posts to you/the forum, accordingly.

I would like the group to flow freely and organically. I will comment and respond to questions faithfully.  We can use Teleseminar if folks are interested in phone sessions or slide presentations to turn this into a webinar, so if you'd like to schedule that anytime during the month please pick a weekend day and time to propose to the group. We can also have weekly live discussions this way, so long as folks are available on weekends. Alternatively, we have a "chat" function, so we could also schedule a live chat at a certain time on weekends, if anyone would like to propose a particular hour for that. I am on Pacific Time.

If you do want a teleseminar or a slide show rather than simply chat times and online discussion, please consider donating accordingly.  While this is not a requirement for participation, I imagine it costs a pretty penny to offer such services. Otherwise, we can just go ahead with what’s available immediately for free. Please state your preference in your introductory paragraph. In any case, let’s do have fun with this opportunity for some psycho-spiritual growth as we enter the realm of the dreamtime.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you all, and thanks for joining us! Be sure to also check out the upcoming Events page on this site for information about my workshop coming up at the IASD conference in Berkeley, CA this June.

Now, let’s get our Dream On!

Darlene

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Darlene, Thank you for doing this group. I have been recording and analyzing my dreams with a Jungian analyst for about a year now after many years working with a non-traditional therapist to do the bulk of my work. I have had hundreds of dreams that are rich in content and symbolism. My goal is to work on creating mandalas as I analyze the dreams. This step has not yet occurred but will when the time is right. I am excited about being part of this group and participating in the discussions. I am always eager to learn from others experiences.

Warmly,

Barb

• Drawing dream mandalas is very exciting! I hope some participants can post a few here! That would be spectacular.

• This is also similar for various experiences in therapy that seem dream-like. One wonders if anyone but another Jungian can relate!  Take for example the coniunctio: Who is going to understand That without preconceptions/misinterpretations?

• Hi Darlene,

Well, I just answered your questions on the Wounded Healer. But to be short: I've been interested in Jung, since high school, and when I entered university it was very strange to find out that Jung was not 'science'. So it stayed my own path for a while, then lost it a little, and finding it again several years ago. Especially since The Red Book came out.

End of october, begin november 2010 I experienced a kundalini experience, the so-called spinal sweep, but not totally into my mind, but staying more or less at my heart. During that time I also experiences energetic movements in my head, which go away when I put my hand on my head, but which are there 24/7. Since begin 2012 these movements in my head - also called The Golden Helmet by 'master' Chrism (http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/kundalini-the-halo.html#.... and on YouTube.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzNohTugB78) - are getting stronger and stronger.

I keep a diary on my experiences and dreams during this process. Several of the dreams I'm having seem to be shamanistic like, with looking inside my own skull, eating brains, and the coming together of two halves of my body. I wonder whether these dreams are pointers on the way during my process, communicating energetic happenings in bodily language.

Looking forward to hear from others and learn from them.

I'm working as a psychologist/therapist in a forensic psychiatric hospital and I also have a small practice at home, specializing among other thing, in helping people deal with transpersonal or parapsychological experiences. Also I hope to give help to people experiencing spiritual emergency, from a psychological side, but also from the side of experiencing this myself.

Light, Life, Love,

Pieter.

Kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com
    • This is exactly what we're here to talk about, Pieter! As with another post I read here tonight, I may have to come back to this one. For now, it sparks me to guide you to another vignette I wanted to share--which I will do as an added discussion thread because it opens a whole new topic!

• Yes, Kundalini manifestations are one of the types of experiences the Grofs refer to in their works on spiritual emergence. I will definitely point to the vignette on this in the new discussion topic for tonight!

• Hi Darlene,

Many thanks for what you're offering to do for us!  I'm a retired psychologist now interested in devoting more time to myself.  Many years ago I relied on my dreams extensively during a rather frightening spiritual emergence and am interested in what people think of dreamwork these days.  I'd like to follow along and participate when I have something to say that might be useful.  Sounds like you are a safe haven from the dread Medical Model and I like that!

• Hi Mary! Many thanks to you for joining! I would love to hear what you think of dreamwork. For me, everything flows from safety so I'm glad you brought up that most important word. My study of dreams mostly focused on their role because so much has already been said about their meaning. My findings were that dreams tend to serve various functions, which I'd like to discuss during the course of the study group. To start off, I'd be very interested to hear what role they played in your journey through spiritual emergence, if you would be willing to share.  We could then discuss how my study participants have relied on their dreams in similar circumstances, as well.  Sound alright?

• Darlene - Whoops, sorry I sent the wrong URL for my SE description!  Not sure what happened, but here's the right one:

http://tinyurl.com/nc88zf

The heroines journey—a young woman finds her way through her psychosis with the help of Jung and Ca…
      Another recovery story submitted by the author. (more recovery stories here) MANAGING PSYCHOSIS WITH THE HELP OF JUNG AND CAMPBELL By Mary in SC I wa…
    • With regard to the part of your article where you were wondering whether you were having a spiritual or psychotic experience, the Grofs did help map out a means of differentiating that in their works. It would have been so helpful for you to have it back then, but you ended up doing ever so beautifully on your own!

This reply was deleted.