Welcome to Dream On!

This is a free study group on the Role of Dreams and Dream-like Experiences in Spiritual Emergence Processes. It is based on my book and various materials connected with that. It is not necessary to buy the book, as I will introduce free materials along the way.  For the first day of the month, please write a paragraph, or a few, introducing yourself and letting people know what drew you to the group—perhaps something you saw on the web site or heard in the interview.  I will look for responses every evening and return posts to you/the forum, accordingly.

I would like the group to flow freely and organically. I will comment and respond to questions faithfully.  We can use Teleseminar if folks are interested in phone sessions or slide presentations to turn this into a webinar, so if you'd like to schedule that anytime during the month please pick a weekend day and time to propose to the group. We can also have weekly live discussions this way, so long as folks are available on weekends. Alternatively, we have a "chat" function, so we could also schedule a live chat at a certain time on weekends, if anyone would like to propose a particular hour for that. I am on Pacific Time.

If you do want a teleseminar or a slide show rather than simply chat times and online discussion, please consider donating accordingly.  While this is not a requirement for participation, I imagine it costs a pretty penny to offer such services. Otherwise, we can just go ahead with what’s available immediately for free. Please state your preference in your introductory paragraph. In any case, let’s do have fun with this opportunity for some psycho-spiritual growth as we enter the realm of the dreamtime.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you all, and thanks for joining us! Be sure to also check out the upcoming Events page on this site for information about my workshop coming up at the IASD conference in Berkeley, CA this June.

Now, let’s get our Dream On!

Darlene

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's actually fortuitous (as usual) that the "wrong" one came out first. It speaks to the issues of the medical model and the misunderstanding of patient experiences as well as of certain aspects of healing.  Perhaps others might like to speak more to this issue as well, in addition to responding to the "correct" url, which I am so glad to have! Science sometimes has a great deal of difficulty with spirituality--even Jungian scientists can fall prey to this, as my own research showed.

• Thanks for sharing your story Mary - sounds like a very powerful awakening for you - its terrible that its so misunderstood by professionals. I can relate to the need to keep quiet, I remember as a child feeling connected into spiritual spaces with information coming to me and feeling it was something I couldn't share with anyone for fear of ridicule at that time.

• Actually I paid very careful attention to my dreams for a couple of years following spiritual emergence, but they were extremely important to me at the beginning as indicators of whether I was handling the experience properly -- since I had no professional help in dealing with it.  The following might give you an idea of how it all went - a description I wrote at the request of a couple of young friends for their blogs:

http://tinyurl.com/6j39quy

On taxing the rich
      The Atlantic covers news, politics, culture, technology, health, and more, through its articles, podcasts, videos, and flagship magazine.
    • Excellent! I may reply more on this later--for now I just want to note that my research also found that participants used their dreams/DLEs as indicators of how the spiritual emergence was going!

Nothing like confirmation, eh?!

• Hi 

I am interested in your study group, I have worked with my own dreams in my personal Jungian therapy of some years ago and I am a tarot reader working with the spiritual realms. I have also read some of Stanlislav Grof's work on Spiritual Emergence and Emergency which was very interesting, and I have worked with some shamanic techniques of travelling to the higher dimensions. I don't know whether this is relevant here in what you are talking about however I am thinking you might be linking some of these things together and I hope to fill some gaps between the different topics. I am pretty open though - not really sure what to expect, but am looking forward to reading, learning and discussing on this topic.

Emma

• Welcome Emma! It will be wonderful to hear from you any dream-like experiences (DLEs) you might like to share that involved tarot reading.  It would also be great if you may be willing to share about any DLEs involving shamanic traveling/higher dimensions. Such phenomena are very relevant here! Please do fill in any gaps. Expect the unexpected! I find it synchronistic already to have someone named Emma aboard, as this was the name of Jung's wife, and my spiritual name is Emmalita Shakim.

• Thanks for the welcome Darlene, I will share where I feel able to ... I think these states have always been with me in one form or another so it is hard to identify where to start.. but I will share when it feels right to. 

• That sounds perfect. I want this to be an organic process!

This reply was deleted.