Earthrise myth creation and goodbye

Hi all,

Well, this has been a very valuable class for me and I want to thank you all in advance for your participation and reflections in the group discussions. I feel that I'm just starting to scratch the surface and explore this fascinating new area of thought and feeling and I am honored to have had your company as I took these first steps.

Sadly, I will not be able to attend the webinar live tomorrow as I will be in transit towards New York City to take part in the climate activities, manifest with a few hundred thousand other people on the magical island of my birth and youth, and see my family and friends. So, in case I don't get to bid you farewell, this is it.

As far as the earthrise image goes, I do feel that it has the potential to be the impetus for the new myths that humanity certainly needs. The apocalypse that we are experiencing, the shifting out of old eradigms into this new earthrise eradigm, is pretty uncomfortable. I constantly bump into worldviews that are incongruent with mine, that transmit the fear-based, low self-esteem perspective of the wish to be an exclusive individual, a chosen one, an elevated and adored group or person, and often these worldviews are out in the world spewing messages of hate and absolutism. But this is not the basis of the coming myths that earthrise enable us to create. The apocalypse, the unveiling of deeper truths, has happened to some, not to most, and for those of us who are living the apocalypse, it is rough at times, but the earthrise myth at least gives us some hope that we will soon live the narrative of Indra's net, the total connectivity and universal reflection of everything else, the universal connective tissue of the quantum narrative, the interconnectivity and universal responsibility of the Earth Charter. These are coming and earthrise may help us get there.

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Safe travels, and be sure to catch the recorded video, in which we tie together a lot of mythic threads.

• Safe travels Douglas...have a wonderful time in NYC - how exciting that you will be there for the climate events! Potent times...it has been great to read your posts and hear the work you are doing with the Earth Charter...

This reply was deleted.