WHAT: Special Study Group: Jung's with Jungian Analyst Robert

WHEN: Starts January 19th: Consists of 20 pre-recorded lectures of 1.5 hours each; an 88-page study guide created by, Robert 's colleague, Jill Fischer; and this written online discussion forum. Runs 40 weeks

WHO: Anyone who is interested in Jung's , Robert . Facilitators: Janet Fortess and Chris Doggett

>>>This Special Study Group starts January 19th, 2013. It is an open written discussion forum based on following the pre-recorded 40-hour audio course* with Robert available from Jung Platform.

This is a central place to which you can come and post questions or comments about the designated module you listened to for the 2-week period and interact with others who are doing the same thing. As such, there is no set "time" it occurs, but rather is ongoing and you can post or respond at your convenience. Janet Fortess and Chris Doggett, students and colleagues of Robert will be providing some structure and be on hand to facilitate the discussion, and Robert himself will also be checking in.

*If you're not following the audio course, you're still welcome to engage here in whatever discussion is emerging--though of course you'll likely get far more out of the process if you are able to listen to the course itself.

THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE

1. Listen to an interview with Robert on Shrink Rap Radio with host Dr. David Van Nuys to help you get to know Robert better in preparation for the course.

2. Get your copy of this in- audio course from Jung Platform. The course consists of 20 lectures of approximately 1.5 hours each which occur every two weeks. In each lecture Robert addresses a few pages from the . You can read along in your copy of the .
This course comes with an 88-page study guide designed by Robert 's colleague, Jill Fischer, which contains a synopsis of each lecture. After each session, there are questions to help you test your understanding. After finishing the entire 40-week course and tests, you get a CE certificate and a Certificate of Completion from the Jung Platform University.

(Cost FULL COURSE: Lectures 1 through 20 + 30 CEs + Synopsis / Study Guide - $99). members get additional 25% off using the code" "). The course may also be purchased in two individual parts.

3/ Join the online discussion forum in the Psychology online community (HERE!) starting January 19, 2013, where everyone who follows the audio course from Jung Platform can come together and discuss each particular section. This forum will be facilitated by two professionals, Janet Fortess and Chris Doggett, who have been trained in Embodied Imagination with Robert for three years and Robert will be checking in every two weeks as well. (This forum is open to everyone, regardless of whether you follow the audio course or have the )

ABOUT ROBERT

Robert , PsyA, is a Jungian psychoanalyst who graduated from the C.G. Jung Institute in Zurich in 1977. Since then he was been in private practice in the United States and Australia. Robert founded the Santa Barbara Healing Sanctuary and developed a method of working with dreams called Embodied Imagination. He has also written several s, including the worldwide bestseller ‘A Little Course In Dreams’.

You need to be a member of Depth Psychology Alliance to add comments!

Join Depth Psychology Alliance

Replies

• I'm so glad that people are coming in from all over. Jung would have been very pleased. Safe travels! Cheers. Robbie

• I am now calling in the Spirit of the Depth!

• Sorry -- none of my extensive comments came through, not the downloaded image. Perhaps I exceeded the 15 minute edit time or perhaps there is a technology glitch. I shall try again later.

• I am now leaping on, since I've downloaded the first 4 lectures and study materials.  Having listened to the first 5-10 minutes, I am struck by how ossified European society was at the moment pre-World War I, i.e., 1913, how creativity was considered irrelevant or a thing of the past and how the morays and culture of the time were stuck in a sense of dessication and death.  So depth and death sound similar; it is as if depth has rescued Jung from death; ossification is the nature of society in which The Red Book's beginnings appear.  

I will now call the spirit of the depth and allow myself to see and feel if they/it comes to me, to us.

My curiosity about current life and how creative it is makes me wonder -- can The Red Book be as relevant to us in 2013 as it was in 1913?  I assume so since we all appear to be enthusiastic about reviewing it in depth within this study forum.  But, 2013 is characterized by great flux in thinking, syncretic combinations of many diverse points of view, the emergence of multiple cultures within a vast array of interpretations, and the advent of high levels of communication because of internet, social media, and technology...as well as the willingness to take intellectual risks and on a daily basis, "go where no man/woman has gone before."  It would appear that we in 2013 are at a radically different point within flow and openness vs. the deathlike ossification of 1913.  So, I will be interested to see how The Red Book understanding evolves within this time that is different from the time in which Jung developed it.  In one of my doctoral courses in depth psychology with emphasis on Jungian and Archetypal Studies at Pacifica Graduate Institute, I studied for a number of weeks The Red Book and found it inspiring and incendiary to my dream life; it was not a full course and we don't revisit it again for some time, hence, my interest in pursuing it in greater depth here.  However, I am not reviewing The Red Book for its historical value but for its current experiential freshness and profundity, if such is what we discover together here.

• Ava,

My feeling on the relevancy of The Red Book to our times is that I see a lot of parallels to what Jung and Robbie talk about in this first section. (not the same  because we do need to be careful not to collapse those times with these times).  I see that as our economics, religions, social structures such as marriage and  patriarchal thinking are all going through big shifts and I see the polarization of politics and the rise of fundamentalism  as reactions to this crumbling of (you could say) these ossified structures.  And as you point out this great flux in thinking, syncretic combinations of many diverse points of view, the emergence of multiple cultures within a vast array of interpretations, and the advent of high levels of communication because of internet, social media, and technology...as well as the willingness to take intellectual risks and on a daily basis” , I see as what is aiding this crumbling in our times and or perhaps causing it? :)

There is a wonderful interview with James Hillman that speaks to this beautifully.

America and the Shift in Ages: An Interview with Jungian James Hillman

• And I also say thanks a lot for the interview

• I also say thank you for the wonerful interview.  Regards Linda

• Thank you so much for sending a link to this wonderful interview with one of our great 'elders'.

• Gunni-Britt asks how to figure out the order of the downloaded lectures if they did not get sent in numerical order.
    In my download, the lecture number one is the last one-- 01 - The Red Book Series.mp3-- appears before the download.
    So they are numbered 01 through 20 just not listed in order.
    I have forwarded your email to Machiel at Jung Platform in case what you were sent is different from what I have.
    I hope you find 01 and enjoy plunging in!
    Looking forward to comments from you and other members of this Forum!
    Janet

• Thanks so much Janet, I have lectures 3,4,4,6,8,12,18,18,20. so I hope I can get this sorted out so I can begin the journey in earnest.

This reply was deleted.