Replies

• He is good! And, isn't Robert Hoss the fellow who talks about color in dreams? It utterly amazes me the variety of dreamwork techniques and multitude of ways to enter a dream. I guess the key is that a dream offers up symbols and any non-rational way of unpacking those symbols that doesn't deaden the symbol works! Do you use an amalgam of dreamwork techniques, Bonnie?
  • Much of James Hillman's work is in honoring the archetype in its wholeness or, as stated above" honoring the symbol as it is." He wasn't a fan of Jungian amplification and the like.
  • Wonderful! Michael Conforti is a member on the site. I've invited him to join the discussion. We'll see.
  • Yes, the plums are out of step with the season is it... I am developing my skills with Michael Conforti of the Assisi Institute and I work with some private clients.

• I am most aligned with Michael Conforti's approach which speaks to the objective nature of symbol and the individuals orientation to symbol.
    • Hmmm. When you speak of the objective nature of symbol, are you talking about amplifying the symbol and, then, having the individual relate to it? Would you say more? And what do you most like about this form of dreamwork?
    • I mean honoring the symbol exactly as is - say one has a dream of picking bushels of plums in the winter. Plums are not available in the winter so the dreamer is somehow out of alignment with the image of nourishment, abundance, whatever. The plums are exactly what they are, plums and they live within certain confines.
    • Wow, that's rich, thank you! I'm with you until "the dreamer is somehow out of alignment with the image of nourishment, abundance . . ." That leap interests me. Is it the fact that the plums are out of step with the season that got your attention? Do you look for symbols that seem somehow misplaced? How did you develop your skill at this kind of dreamwork?
This reply was deleted.